Transfer Agreement with Bristol Community College
The new transfer agreements between the School of Continuing Education (SCE) and Bristol Community College (BCC) ease the way for BCC students who have earned an associate’s degree to earn their bachelor’s degree in Liberal Studies or Fire Science through SCE.
What are some of the special advantages of these agreements?
- Students who meet the requirements below are guaranteed admission into SCE.
- We’ll waive your $55 application fee.
- You can apply for special scholarships for transfer students.
- You may transfer in up to 75 credits from your BCC coursework to SCE.
- Both SCE and BCC academic advisers are ready to assist you with the application process and course selection.
- You may complete your bachelor’s degree at your own pace.
- Earn your B.A. in Liberal Studies AND high school teacher certification in history/social studies.
In order to be eligible, you must:
- Earn a minimum of 60 credits in your associate’s degree program at BCC.
- Maintain a minimum of a 2.0 grade point average(GPA) on a 4.0 scale and be in good academic and disciplinary standing at the time of graduation or transfer from BCC.
- Earn a minimum grade of C in order to transfer a course into SCE.
- Fulfill all the requirements of an SCE degree.
Of course, BCC graduates from other programs are welcome to transfer to SCE through the regular application process.
To see how your BCC courses transfer into SCE, review our transfer worksheets:
To meet with an SCE adviser, email us or call us at 401.865.2847