Transfer Agreement with CCRI
Transfer agreements between the School of Continuing Education (SCE) and the Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI) eases the way for CCRI students who have earned an associate’s degree in Fire Science, Liberal Arts or General Studies to earn their bachelor’s degree in Fire Science, History, Liberal Studies or Social Science through SCE.
What are some of the special advantages of this agreement?
- Students who meet the requirements are guaranteed admission into SCE.
- We’ll waive your $55 application fee, and offer special scholarships for transfer students.
- You can apply for special scholarships for transfer students.
- You may transfer in up to 75 credits from your CCRI coursework to SCE.
In order to be eligible, you must:
- Earn a minimum of 60 credits in your associate’s degree program at CCRI.
- Maintain a minimum of a 2.0 grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale and be in good academic and disciplinary standing at the time of graduation or transfer from CCRI.
- Earn a minimum grade of C in order to transfer a course into SCE.
Of course, CCRI graduates from other programs are still welcome to transfer to SCE, through the regular application process.
To see how your CCRI courses transfer into SCE, review our transfer worksheets:
- CCRI A.A. in Liberal Arts to SCE B.A. in History
- CCRI A.A. in Liberal Arts to SCE B.A. in Liberal Studies
- CCRI A.A in Liberal Arts to SCE B.A. Professional Studies
- CCRI A.A. in Liberal Arts to SCE B.A. in Social Science
- CCRI A.A. in General Studies to SCE B.A. Liberal Studies
- CCRI A.A. in General Studies to SCE B.A. Professional Studies
- CCRI A.A. in General Studies to SCE B.A. Leadership Development
- CCRI A.A. in General Studies to SCE B.A. Social Science
- CCRI A. S. in General Business to SCE B.A. Leadership Development
- CCRI A.A.S. in Fire Science to SCE B.S. in Fire Administration
- Guaranteed Admission and Tuition Agreement (GATA)
To meet with an SCE adviser, email us or call us at 401.865.2487.