PC/CCRI Guaranteed Admission and Tuition Agreement (GATA)
The Guaranteed Admission and Tuition Agreement (GATA) between the Providence College School of Continuing Education (SCE) and the Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI) applies only to admission into the SCE. It does not apply to the full-time, undergraduate “Day School.”
Through the GATA, you may qualify to be conditionally accepted into the Providence College School of Continuing Education (SCE) while attending CCRI – and be eligible for a 33% reduction to your tuition in SCE. You must apply to the GATA before you earn 30 credits and you must graduate from CCRI with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher. The SCE tuition discount is good for five years. To remain eligible, you must maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA and earn a minimum of 12 credits per academic year in the SCE. Details are below.
What is the Guaranteed Admission and Tuition Agreement Program (GATA) through SCE?
- The GATA is a program for CCRI students that allows you to be conditionally accepted into the Providence College School of Continuing Education while at CCRI. Note that this admission offer is not binding; you may elect not to enroll in SCE upon completion of your associate’s at CCRI.
- Students follow one of the SCE Articulation Agreements below which lists the courses you will take at CCRI that will transfer and be applied toward a bachelor’s degree in SCE:
- CCRI A.A. in General Studies to SCE B.A. Liberal Studies
- CCRI A.A. in General Studies to SCE B.A. in Professional Studies
- CCRI A.A. in General Studies to SCE B.A. Leadership Development
- CCRI A.A. in General Studies to SCE B.A. Social Science
- CCRI A.A. in Liberal Arts to SCE B.A. in History
- CCRI A.A. in Liberal Arts to SCE B.A. in Liberal Studies
- CCRI A.A. in Liberal Arts to SCE B.A. in Professional Studies
- CCRI A.A. in Liberal Arts to SCE B.A. in Social Science
- CCRI A.A.S. in Fire Science to SCE B.S. in Fire Administration
- CCRI A.S. in General Business to SCE B.A. in Leadership Development
- CCRI A.S. in General Business to SCE B.A. in Professional Studies
What are the benefits of the GATA?
- Earn 60 credits at CCRI that apply to the specific major you choose in SCE
- Receive advising from CCRI and SCE advisors
- The application fee is waived for admission to SCE
- Obtain a 33% reduction on undergraduate tuition in SCE when you graduate from CCRI with a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher. Your 2018-19 tuition would be reduced from $1080 to $723.60 per course. That’s a savings of $7128 if you complete 60 credits (20 courses) at PC (based on current rates). Note that the discount applies to the current academic year tuition and does not apply to fees.
- Receive invitations to special activities and/or programs for GATA students
Am I eligible to sign up for the GATA?
- You must be enrolled in a degree program at CCRI that also has a transfer agreement with SCE (currently General Business; General Studies; Liberal Arts; or Fire Science)
- The GATA application must be signed before you earn 30 credits (including transfer credit, college credits earned in high school from dual enrollment or enrichment courses, AP, or IB, or from CLEP, or military training); we encourage you to submit your application as early as possible in your academic career
- You plan to transfer to the PC SCE and must do so within two semesters of your graduation from CCRI
- You graduate from CCRI with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher
How do I sign up for the GATA?
- Make an appointment at the Advising and Counseling Office to discuss your transfer plans and goals
- Make sure there is an articulation agreement between CCRI and SCE for your major and get a copy of the agreement for your major
- Complete and sign the GATA application; and submit it to the CCRI Department of Advising and Counseling.
- Request your official transcript from all colleges and universities attended other than CCRI, whether or not transfer credit is expected or desired, and send to the Providence College School of Continuing Education: 1 Cunningham Square, Providence, Rhode Island 02918
What are the requirements to stay eligible for GATA?
- Each semester, consult with a CCRI advisor and an SCE GATA advisor on course selection
- Complete the associate’s degree and the SCE articulation agreement at CCRI within five years from the date that you submit your GATA application
How do I transition from CCRI to SCE?
- Contact the SCE GATA Advisor to submit the Intent to Enroll form and an official CCRI transcript to SCE by the deadline on the form
- Graduate from CCRI with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher. This will qualify you for a tuition discount when you transfer to SCE. In order to continue receiving the tuition discount, you will need to maintain a 3.0 while at SCE.
After I transfer to SCE, how long does the GATA remain in effect?
- The tuition discount expires five years from the date of your initial enrollment in SCE
- In order to be eligible to renew this discount, you must maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- You must earn and maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher and earn a minimum of 12 credits per academic year in SCE.
Where can I get more information about the GATA?
- Make an appointment with an advisor in the CCRI Department of Advising and Counseling. Call: Lincoln 401.333.7160; Newport 401.851.1625; Providence 401.455.6063; or Warwick 401.825.2301; or email email@example.com
- Meet with an SCE advisor. We offer daytime, evening and telephone advising appointments. Contact the SCE office to speak with an advisor: 401.865.2487; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.