Scholarships for First-time and Transfer Students
DEADLINES FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS: FALL, AUGUST 1; WINTER/SPRING, JANUARY 2; AND SUMMER, MAY 1. Late applications will not be accepted.
Students can apply for the following scholarships through the SCE Scholarship Application Form
- Eleanor A. Casserly Memorial Scholarship Fund: for students employed full-time
- Rev. John Cunningham Diversity Scholarship: 2/3 reduction in tuition for 6 classes, typically 2 per semester for first 3 semesters. Qualifying students represent a diversity of backgrounds.
- Rev. Michael Murphy Scholarship: typically covers cost of one course; for current matriculated students with minimum 2.5 gpa. Must be enrolled in two courses per semester.
- SCE Women’s Scholarship: for women matriculated in a degree program who have completed 6 or more courses in SCE OR have 60 credits in transfer. Minimum 3.2 gpa required.
- The SCE Scholarship and the Eta Lambda Scholarship: annual awards for a matriculated student who has demonstrated good academic performance.
Veterans can apply for the SCE Military Service Scholarship
This scholarship is for honorably discharged military veterans, or dependents of such veterans. Special emphasis will be given to those who served in Afghanistan, Iraq, or another Middle East combat zone. The scholarship would supplement any costs not covered by Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits.
Students can apply for the following outside scholarships through the sponsoring organization:
- National Alpha Sigma Lambda Scholarships: Several scholarships are awarded every academic year. For more information and to apply: Alpha Sigma Lambda Scholarships
- Mary Cone Barrie Scholarship for Lifelong Learning, sponsored by Destiny Solutions: Destiny Solutions created the Mary Cone Barrie Scholarship to applaud the efforts of two exceptional lifelong learners. The annual scholarship is available to any currently enrolled non-traditional learner residing in Canada or the United States who has changed their life and the lives of others through lifelong learning. Applications are due by July 29. Each award is valued at $2,500.
- The AARP Foundation’s Women’s Scholarship program will accept applications online. Scholarships designed for women who are 50 and older with limited financial resources and who are seeking new job skills, training, and educational opportunities.
- ANTSHE, the Association for Non-Traditional Students in Higher Education, offers the Kazimour Scholarship, specifically for an under graduate student with an emphasis in higher education.