MBA Preparation Courses
Gain the Business Foundation You Need to Succeed in an MBA Program
Interested in applying to an MBA program but don’t have the required academic background? You don’t need to have majored in business in order to apply to an MBA program. Students from a variety of majors outside of business can be accepted into and succeed MBA programs. However, it’s likely you’ll need to fulfill a series of prerequisite courses.
We have good news for you. The School of Continuing Education (SCE) offers a wide variety of MBA preparation classes throughout the year that can help fulfill prerequisites and provide you with a solid foundation for your future studies. You can choose the classes you need and the schedule you prefer.
Each MBA program has different requirements, so be sure to check with the school(s) you’re interested in. The following courses are often required prerequisites for MBA programs, and are typically offered as follows:
|Course Name||SCE Course #||Fall||Spring||Summer||Campus-based or Online|
|Financial Accounting||ACC 203||X||Campus-based|
|Managerial Accounting||ACC 204||X||Campus-based|
|Managerial Finance I||FIN 207||X||X||Both|
|Managerial Finance II||FIN 308||X||Campus-based|
|Micro Economics||ECN 101||X||Both|
|Macro Economics||ECN 102||X||Both|
|Principles of Business Management||MGT 101||X||X||Campus-based|
|Business Law/Legal Environment for Business||MGT 330||X||Campus-based|
|Principles of Marketing||MKT 205||X||X||Both|
|Mathematics for Business Analysis||MTH 108||X||Online|
|Introduction to Statistics||MTH 217||X||X||Both|
(Note: The Providence College MBA Program also offers certain MBA prerequisite courses)
- Part-time evening and online classes offered year-round
- Tuition is just $360 per credit, comparable to most RI and MA state schools
- Small classes with faculty who accommodate working adults
- Advisers help you get started and reach your goals
Who Should Enroll?
- Students who do not have an undergraduate degree in business and who intend to apply to an MBA or other master’s program in business
- Undergraduate business majors who may be missing prerequisite courses
- Working professionals who seek a foundation in business without a degree
Students seeking a well-rounded foundation in business knowledge and skills can enroll in our five-course Business Certificate, which includes several MBA prerequisite courses:
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of Micro Economics or Macro Economics
- Managerial Finance I
- Principles of Business Management
- Principles of Marketing
We also offer a Certificate in Management.