Welcome First Year Friar!
We are here to help as you navigate your first year with the School of Continuing Education (SCE) at Providence College. This website provides the keys to your success as you begin your journey through Friartown.
Contact us with any questions you may have!
- Thursday, August 26
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm: Get your ID card; take a tour of the campus; go to the Bookstore; Q & A with Jessie Olson, Financial Aid Counselor
- 4:00 – 4:30 pm: Tour of the Library with Andria Tieman, Commons Librarian, Digital Research & Education Instruction Coordinator
- 4:30 – 5:00 pm: Writing tips with Will Toner, Sr. Associate Director
- 5:00 – 5:30 pm: Trivia with Office of Academic Services tutors
- 5:30 – 6:00 pm: Balancing work-study-life tips with Katie Fernandes, Assistant Director, Student Success & Retention
- 6:00 – 7:00 pm: Pizza & refreshments; discussion with Jennifer Andrews, Academic Counselor & current students and alums
- Thursday, August 26
- Cyberfriar Registration Guide Video
- Link to Student Portal: https://friarsprovidence.sharepoint.com/sites/sce
- Please note that you will only be able to access the student portal once you have received your Providence College login credentials.
- OAS: https://academic-services.providence.edu/
- Learn about the services available through the Office of Academic Services.
- Card Office: www.providence.edu/pc-card-office-services/
- You must be registered for your first semester classes and be formally enrolled in your degree program before you can obtain your photo ID.
- Bookstore/search for textbooks: https://providence.bncollege.com/shop/providence/page/find-textbooks
- Parking pass: armsweb.providence.edu/parking/Login.aspx
- You must have your Banner ID number and be registered for your first semester of courses to order your parking pass. View your parking options here: https://safety.providence.edu/campus-parking/
Please be sure you can log in to Cyberfriar, Sakai, and your PC email. Your credentials have been sent to you via an encrypted email message. To unlock the encrypted message, download the email and select ‘use a one-time passcode’ and a passcode will be emailed to you. If you have not received your credentials, please contact Katie Amaral (Kathleen.Amaral@providence.edu). Once the semester has begun, messages will no longer be sent to your personal email address.
- Academic Integrity: https://vle.credoreference.com/providence-college-academic/providence-academic-integrity-module
- Coming soon
- Monthly virtual lunchtime chats, 12:00 – 12:45 pm
- With Office of Academic Services, Friday, September 10
- With current students & alums, Friday, October 15
- Getting ready to register, Friday, November 4
- Office of Academic Services workshops (virtual):
- Balancing Work-Study-Life, Monday, September 14, 6:00 – 6:45 pm
- Learn How You Learn, Wednesday, September 22, 6:00 – 6:45 pm
- Active Reading for Western Civilization, Monday, October 4, 6:00 – 6:45 pm
- The Study Cycle, Thursday, October 14, 6:00 – 6:45 pm
- Book Discussions:
- Rules of Civility, Amor Towles, Friday, September 24, 6:00 – 7:00 pm
- The Yellow House, Sarah M. Broom, Thursday, November 4, 6:00 – 7:00 pm
Volunteer Day, location & date TBD
Student Appreciation Week, November 1 – 5