Leadership Development Program
Bachelor’s Degree in Leadership Development
Providence College School of Continuing Education (SCE) is the only college in Rhode Island to offer a bachelor-level degree in leadership. This unique program is designed to develop strong leadership skills no matter where you’re at in your professional career, from entry-level to executive-level, and for every industry, from business, to government, to the nonprofit sector. So no matter what your professional path is, a Bachelor of Arts in Leadership Development from this distinctive program will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to become an ethical and effective leader, and to have a positive impact in nearly any industry or organization.
Why Get a Leadership Development Degree?
Master Today’s Most In-Demand Skills and Create Positive Change
Business and society are changing dramatically and rapidly today, fueled by an array of cultural forces such as technology, globalization, and demographic shifts. These and other changes require a new approach to leadership — one focused less on the individual and “position” and more on collaboration, community, problem solving, transparency, authenticity, diversity, and results.
The leadership development program at PC SCE will help you to develop and grow each of these essential leadership skills, giving you the edge you need to solve difficult challenges and create positive change and results in today’s workplaces and communities.
Why Choose SCE?
A Curriculum Built On PC’s Distinctive Liberal Arts Core
Our Leadership Development program is grounded in PC’s strong focus on ethics and values and built on PC SCE’s unique liberal arts core curriculum. Those core classes, combined with practical leadership-specific courses and electives, provide a powerful and unique combination of knowledge, perspective and skills. You’ll graduate with the “soft skills” that are in high demand today, such as planning, communication, problem solving and conflict resolution, as well as the knowledge, understanding and skills that are essential to being an ethical and effective leader in any environment.
Dynamic Leadership Classes Focused on Practical Experience
This interdisciplinary program grounds students in learning about leadership concepts through real-world problem-solving, with ample opportunities to utilize workplace and community experiences. Our students learn how to reflect on moral and ethical leadership; to think critically; to work effectively in diverse settings; and to mobilize others to solve problems. By reflecting on their leadership style and creating a leadership learning plan, students cultivate their potential to become effective and innovative leaders for tomorrow.
A Personalized Leadership Degree Program You Can Tailor To Your Goals
Our unique program allows you to focus your study of leadership according to your own goals, with three elective courses in any one of the following concentration areas: Global Leadership, Civic Leadership or Organizational Leadership. You also have the ability to propose a different concentration of your own choosing.
In addition, you may choose to complement your degree with a certificate in business, accounting, management, organizational communication, or legal studies, depending on your professional goals.
A Surprisingly Affordable, Uniquely Flexible and Supportive Adult Education Program
- Study at your own pace and on a schedule that works for you, with classes offered online, in the evenings and on weekends
- Our tuition is less than most state schools in the region, at $375 per credit. Plus, we offer financial aid, scholarships and payment plans
- We allow you to transfer up to 75 credits from prior education, so you can finish even faster (and at a reduced cost)
- We also award credit for military experience and qualifying prior work or life experience
- Our small classes are led by faculty who understand and accommodate the needs of working adults
- Our advisers help you get started and are always available to support you along the way
- You’ll graduate with a degree from Providence College, a prestigious institution that has been repeatedly named the top regional university in the northern United States by U.S. News and World Report
- See all the ways PC makes it possible for adults to earn a degree and reach their professional and personal goals