Fire Administration Degree
Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Administration
Whether you’re an experienced firefighter or just entering the field with an associate’s degree, our Bachelor of Science in Fire Administration program is designed to elevate you to the next level in the field of fire and emergency services.
Why Get a Fire Administration Degree at SCE?
The Only Program of Its Kind in Rhode Island
Our program is among only a handful of programs nationwide recognized by the Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE) network — part of the U.S. Fire Administration’s National Fire Academy. This distinction means that our program adheres to the nationally-recognized FESHE model of standardized professional development education criteria. FESHE concentrates on degree programs that emphasize firefighting response, fire prevention, fire administration and Emergency Services management.
Students must enter the program with an A.S. in Fire Science or must have completed and transferred in specific courses as outlined in the course catalog. SCE has articulation agreements with several local programs to provide a seamless transfer process.
Broad Knowledge For An Increasingly Complex Field
This program will prepare you to address the increasing complexity of fire protection systems and safety as well as administration and management within the fire service and related fields. To meet the increasing demands of the fire science field, you’ll be provided with a strong academic and professional foundation in fire-related research, ethics, community relations and risk reduction, leadership, and political and legal issues. You’ll also learn from instructors who have extensive real-world experience and who are leaders in the field.
Critical Skills for Leadership
Leadership, communication, and an understanding of the law are exactly the skills that will set you apart when you complete our program. Our graduates build critical leadership skills and are versed in the most current safety principles to reduce loss of life and property. Building on students’ foundation of coursework taken at area community colleges, the PC Fire Administration degree provides in-depth preparation in fire prevention, risk reduction, community education, and management to start you on a path for advancement to officer positions and other leadership roles.
A Surprisingly Affordable, Uniquely Flexible and Supportive Adult Education Program
- Study at your own pace and on a schedule that works for you, with classes offered online, in the evenings and on weekends
- Our tuition is less than most state schools in the region, at $360 per credit. Plus, we offer financial aid, scholarships and payment plans
- We allow you to transfer up to 75 credits from prior education, so you can finish even faster (and at a reduced cost)
- We also award credit for military experience and qualifying prior work or life experience
- Our small classes are led by faculty who understand and accommodate the needs of working adults
- Our advisers help you get started and are always available to support you along the way
- You’ll graduate with a degree from Providence College, a prestigious institution that has been repeatedly named the top regional university in the northern United States by U.S. News and World Report
- See all the ways PC makes it possible for adults to earn a degree and reach their professional and personal goals