Build in-demand skills and get the credentials to prove it with an affordable and flexible certificate from Providence College, through our School of Continuing Education (SCE).
With as little as four courses, you’ll gain a competitive edge in the job market and help to advance your career by building specialized professional expertise. Certificates may be completed as a stand-alone credential or combined with one of our degree programs.
- Leadership Development
- Legal Studies
- MBA Preparation
- Organizational Communication
- Pre-Med/Pre-Health Studies
- Professional Pet Assisted Therapy
- Teacher Certification Program (TCP)
- TCP / Master of Education in Mathematics
- TCP/ Master of Education in Urban Teaching
Why Choose a Certificate Program at Providence College School of Continuing Education
• Our School of Continuing Education tuition is surprisingly affordable – less than many four-year state schools, including RIC and URI
• We offer flexible schedules and course formats, including online, evening and hybrid classes
• We allow you to transfer 3 credits from qualifying prior education toward your certificate, which allows you to remove one full course from the curriculum required to complete the certificate
• Our small class sizes and expert faculty mean that you’ll receive a truly personal and purposeful education that you can put to use immediately
• And, you’ll hold a certificate from Providence College, a well-recognized and highly-regarded institution that has repeatedly been named the top regional university in the northern United States by U.S. News & World Report
Providence College School of Continuing Education Certificates Tuition and Financial Aid
• Tuition for the 2020-21 academic year is $380 per credit ($1,140 per 3-credit course).
• Financial aid is available to students who are enrolled in either (1) the Teacher Certification Program (TCP) or Pre-Med/Pre-Health Studies; or (2) any certificate program pursued in combination with a bachelor’s degree program.
• Financial aid is not available to students who are enrolled in a stand-alone certificate program other than the TCP or Pre-Med/Pre-Health Studies.
• A tuition payment plan is available to all PC SCE students.
• In addition, many employers offer tuition assistance or reimbursement, up to $5,250 each year. Check with your company’s Human Resources office for more information.
For more information, see our Tuition & Aid page.